„Change is inevitable,
but personal growth is a choice.“
– B. Proctor
The services I offer include systemic consulting, ranging from traditional coaching to team development and training. They are not only aimed at private individuals, but also management staff and teams in companies and organisations.
After graduating in Communication Science and Occupational and Organisational Psychology (MA), I worked in the communications industry and marketing for several years, both domestically and abroad. During that period, I gained experience in various management positions at an international concern and on the agency side, as well as at a European governmental organisation (GO).
Due to repeated professional and cultural changes, I have experienced my fair share of crises, challenges and opportunities – from culture shock to finding my own role, and from the obstacles of returning to my homeland to the search for meaning. Six years ago, I consciously decided to take on a new professional task and qualified as a systemic coach, team developer and trainer at coachingakademie Hamburg. This task is a matter close to my heart, and one in which I can pass on all my expertise, which is also reflected in my main consulting areas: (intercultural) communication, career development, change processes and personality development.
My aim is to accompany people through their development and help them to find a place where they can make full use of their resources – regardless of where in the world and in what role, system, team or group they find themselves. That is why I have made a Chinese proverb my guiding principle: ‘Success does not mean being at the very top, but rather being in the right spot.’
THE BASIS OF MY DAILY WORK IS THE
(cf. research in the areas of social science, communication science, natural science and economic science by Heinz von Foerster, Niklas Luhmann, Paul Watzlawick, Humberto Maturana, etc.)
- According to this thinking, there is no ‘objective reality’. Each individual constructs their own reality through their perspective on life. Problems, too, are mostly individual constructions: personal descriptions, explanations and evaluations in handling a particular situation.
- Human relationships are complex systems that do not function in a linear cause–effect relation. Rather, they comprise circular effect correlations from diverse reaction patterns, reciprocal influences and results that cannot be unambiguously planned.
I WORK WITH A SYSTEMIC APPROACH
- Reality exists in the eye of the beholder.
- People do not ‘be’, they ‘behave’ – in a manner depending on their surroundings. All actions have meaning and purpose. This also applies to problems.
- Problems are caused by problematic descriptions and evaluations of situations. They are often the solutions to prior problems. Problems require appropriate recognition and appreciation.
- People and organisations are experts in the solution to their problems. The coach supports the solution process via behaviour-oriented questions and methods.
- The coach thinks in terms of consequences and works in a solution-focused rather than problem-focused manner.
- Mutual appreciation is the foundation for working together.
Here you can find customer testimonials on seminars and coaching sessions, announced dates for open training sessions, scientific publications and selected cooperation partners.
How can I help you? Simply get in touch via email. I will respond as soon as possible and look forward to speaking with you.
Melanie Freyland – Systemisches Coaching & Beratung